Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week of October 10th - October 16th

There are only two things due this week:

1). MIDTERM:  Be sure to take the midterm (or test #3) this week.  Please have it submitted by the end of the week, which is on Saturday, by 11:59pm.  Start early so you can have the test submitted early.  The test covers Chapters 1-7, 9&11.  Please work independently for this test, do not share answers, test questions, etc....

2). Continue working on Assignment #2 - Critical Thinking in Social Organizations.

Reminders and Notes:
* Your second paper is due by Saturday, October 23 by 11:59pm.  There is no individual portion to this paper, only the group paper.

*Since this is midterm week, it's going to be pretty quiet around my blog, and your colleagues blogs.

*Your first assignment will be returned by Thursday night (at the latest).  I will email it to all group members.

*I will post grades for the last two weeks of blogging during the week. I will post to my blog when I have completed that.

*I have compiled all of the 'grade your group-mates' grades.  It looks like most of you worked really well together.  Heck, most of you graded one another very high.  This along with the overwhelming majority vote to stay in the same groups for the second assignment tells me that most groups across all three sections are working well in their groups.  Since most groups are working very well together, I will not require you to grade each other for this paper.  I will simply grade the group essay out of 100 points rather than splitting the grade into two sections (group paper 80 points, grading assessment 20 points).  Most folks did really well working in their groups, so I see no need to do another round of grading each other.  This will take the pressure off you to grade each other for this project.  :)

Until later......

No comments:

Post a Comment