Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome

Greetings Students!

As most of you know the Fall session begins on August 25th. I want to make sure each of you were aware of a few things about Communication 41 online, Critical Decision Making, before the semester begins:

1). The class you are enrolled in for Comm 41 is an online class. This means that most coursework is completed online and not in a classroom setting. This has confused some in the past.

2). There are no scheduled class meetings for this course, but we will meet in-person for the final exam. I will hold office hours online through Yahoo Messenger throughout the semester. I will also answer email consistently throughout the semester.

3). If you need to contact me at anytime from this point forward, please DO NOT USE the SJSU email address that I have sent this message from. Rather, use the following email address: comm41fall2010@gmail.com.  Please include your section number in the subject line of your email. Keep up including your section number in the subject line throughout the semester.  There are numerous Comm 41 classes that I am instructing this semester, and each class will be using the exact same email address.  So please, make my life a bit easier and include the section number you are enrolled in when you email me.

4). Please bookmark my blog address: http://comm41fall2010.blogspot.com

I will make announcements, post class updates, and generally keep in touch with the class as a whole through my blog and through mass email. So bookmark my blog, and check it often.  All sections of Comm 41 online (that I am instructing) will use the same course calendar, so updates to the main page will be for all students taking Comm 41 with me.  However, please note the section numbers at the top of my blog.  You will use those specific pages, in accordance with which section you are enrolled in, for discussions. 

Some of this information may seem a bit foreign to you, and will make more sense once you are able to access the class through Desire 2 Learn. Until Desire 2 Learn opens up for access, which should be a the day the fall session begins, use the email address I have listed here, and check my blog for updates. During the semester I update my blog numerous times a week. Prior to the start of semester I will update periodically.

Again, if there are any questions about the course, please contact me at: comm41fall2010@gmail.com (include your section number in the 'subject' line of the email) and please bookmark my blog address at: http://comm41fall2010.blogspot.com/ and be sure to check it often!

I look forward to sharing the semester with you, and hope that your break, has been an enjoyable one.

:)
Carol-Lynn Perez, M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment